Hello! Today I am happy to present the recipe for my husband’s favorite muffins!
Just like the Banana Chocolate Chip Walnuts Maple Muffins these are simple to make- with the same basic baking idea: a bowl of dry ingredients mixed with a bowl of wet ones.
I don’t know what it is about apples and cinnamon but this combo is working very well for centuries, so the next time you have 3-4 apples (I use Kanzi apples) this is the recipe for you!
Ingredients – for 12 muffins
- 1 ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ cup regular flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- A dash of salt
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- Small pieces of 3-4 peeled apples (there is wax on most apples nowadays)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup + 1/3 cup soy milk (or any other non-dairy milk)
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside
- In a second bowl – mix apple pieces, oil and 1 cup soy milk
- Combine both bowls and mix well
- Add 1/3 cup soy milk and mix well
- Line a muffin form (12, remember?!) with paper liners
- Fill the muffins liners with the mix
- Bake for 12-15 minutes – you can stick a toothpick to check if the muffins are baked in the inside
- Once the toothpick comes out clean let sit in the oven for 5 more minutes
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes before nom nom nom nom